NEWS AND EVENTS
Order by the Dean
May 10, 2020
With regard to the recommendations of the Ministry of Health, the National Operative Headquarters and other competent authorities, related to the COVID 19 pandemic, the existing state of emergency in the country, Order РК 36-526/Apr.15, 2020 of the Rector of MU-Sofia for the extending the term of distance education until May 13, 2020, Order № 1344/Apr 28, 2020 of the Rector of MU-Sofia for the semester and state examinations and my Order № 745 from April 17, 2020 for the organization of education and end of the semester, I give the following orders:
I. THE SUMMER SEMESTER WILL BE COMPLETED UNDER THE FOLLOWING ARRANGEMENTS
1. The distance education, involving students’ theoretical training in all related subjects is extended to the end of the summer semester - May 29, 2020, determined by the Rules for preparation and conduct of the Academic year 2019/2020, according to the already established in the Faculty of Dental Medicine organization.
2. The Departments should organize the education in the clinical subjects as follows:
- for students who do not have forthcoming exams – problem related clinical tasks, discussing doctor’s behavior in various clinical situations, decision making and clinical thinking;
- for 5th year students – practical exams and evaluation of their clinical training using various forms, selected by each department – working out appropriate clinical assignments, written tests, preparing prophylaxis programmes, considering the specificity of each discipline.
3. The training in the non-clinical and preclinical subjects will be completed following their specificity. The students should be prepared to sit for theoretical exams according to additionally announced schedule.
II. CERTIFYING THE SUMMER SEMMESTER
1. Certification of the summer semester will be given only to students who have participated in the distance education and presented answers to all assigned tasks in the specific subjects.
The students who have not send the answers to all assigned tasks will be given a chance to present their work up to June 02, 2020 at the latest.
2. Certification of the summer semester will be given digitally by the assistant professors, for each of the attended subjects.
III. SEMESTER EXAMINATIONS FOR STUDENTS EDUCATED IN BULGARIAN LANGUAGE AND IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE
1. The exams for each subject – medical and special – will be held in one day for the whole course according to a schedule prepared beforehand.
2. The schedule for the summer semester exams will be made up and published by May 11, 2020 at the latest.
3. The semester exams will be held as follows:
- On the examination day the students of the course should be distributed into two parts – 8 groups each for Bulgarian students and up to 6 groups for students educated in English. Students sit for the examination in two shifts – the first one starting at 8.00 and the second one at 13.00. The students’ groups included in each shift will be distributed beforehand in the exam schedule, published on time.
- The examinations will be held in the four auditoria of FDM (3 students’ groups in auditorium 1; 3 students’ groups in auditorium 2; 1 group in auditorium 3; 1 group in auditorium 4), respecting all anti-epidemic measures, as recommended by the Health Authorities.
- Students take their places in the auditorium only after presenting a document of identity, student book and verification in the course list for certified semester.
- The examination is written and will be held within 90 minutes (two academic hours).
- Each department determines the number and type of the tasks – written questions, test or combination of both.
- One student from each shift draws the exam questions.
- During the examination the assistant professors of each group will do the written certification of the semester in the students’ books.
- The students arriving from abroad will sit for any examination only after 2-week quarantine, as from the arrival date, verified with a document.
4. A detailed instruction on the organization and anti-epidemic requirements, that should be of compulsory character during the examinations will be prepared and published until May 15, 2020.
5. Check up and evaluation of the written work:
- Written work will be checked up and evaluated within one week following the examination date.
- The assistant professor of each group will inform the students about their grades of the examination, on their e-mail addresses immediately after getting the results.
IV. STATE EXAMINATIONS FOR STUDENTS EDUCATED IN BULGARIAN LANGUAGE AND IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE
1. Students who have not completed their practice due to the epidemic situation in the country and remote education, but have presented on time the required evidence and documentation of the complex patient will be informed about their evaluation until June 16, 2020.
On the grounds of a positive evaluation of the presented work they will get the permission to sit for the state examinations.
2. The exams for each special subject will be held in one day for the whole course according to a schedule prepared beforehand.
3. The schedule for the state exams will be made up and published by May 11, 2020 at the latest.
4. The organization of state exams, check up and evaluation should be performed following the above described protocol.
- The examination is written and will be held within 120 minutes.
- The students arriving from abroad will sit for any state examination only after 2-week quarantine, as from the arrival date, verified with a document.
5. The supplementary (make-up) state examinations will be conducted within the September supplementary session – August 31, 2020 to Sept.11, 2020 following the same organization. The schedule for the state exams should be provided until July 31, 2020.
V. COMPENSATION THE MISSED PRACTICAL TRANINING IN THE PERIOD OF DISTANCE EDUCATION
1. Missed practical training in the distance education period for the departments with attendance practice without patients (typodont training), should be compensated within 2 weeks before the beginning of the winter semester of Academic year 2020 /2021. All students should be informed about the schedule on time.
Practical exams should be held immediately after the compensation program is completed.
2. Compensation of missed practical training without patients (typodont training) for students who do not have forthcoming practical exams should be performed within the first two weeks of the winter semester, 2020/2021 Academic year.
3. Students will get permission to work with patients in the clinical courses only after successfully passed theoretical and practical examinations, according to the requirements of the University Rules for Organization and Conduct of Academic Year 2020/2021.
4. Missed practical training for 4th year students with patients should be compensated within the forthcoming clinical semesters and the students should be informed about that in the beginning of the winter semester, 2020/2021 Academic year.
5. The overall practical training of 5th year students in the special subjects should be evaluated in the beginning of the pregraduate internship on the basis of a presented clinical case, depending on the requirements of the departments.
Additional measures and decisions depending on any change of the situation will be announced in time. Follow the internet page of the Faculty of Dental Medicine, MU – Sofia for current information.